Monday, May 26, 2014

Guest Speaker?

I was really hoping that I'd manage to fulfill this house sit without getting asked to speak at a Rotary meeting, but alas, that wasn't meant to be.  Bev emailed me and asked if I'd be the guest speaker at the meeting next week.  I so wanted to say no, but I didn't really think that would be an acceptable response.  Thankfully it only has to be about 15-20 minutes, but there's no topic or anything to guide me.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to speak to all these people about.  When I asked her what I should speak on she replied:
We have had guests speak about their overseas journeys.  You could speak about how you helped your friends build their home and then when you went back to help them run their book/coffee shop you ended up teaching English.  It sounds like you have done quite a bit of traveling and not to your everyday places.
It's one thing to speak to people you already know about trips you take, but I'm not sure how to make my travels interesting to a bunch of middle-aged, Australian business people.  **Any hints or ideas on this are welcome to be given in the comments section** So, I guess that will be my first priority for the next week - trying to write a speech.

Well, I guess that was the biggest news of the day.  After skyping with my little brother (and other various people who stopped in while we were chatting) for an hour, I ended up cleaning.  I planned on just cleaning some cobwebs and mopping the kitchen floor, but, as many of you know, once I start cleaning I sometimes have trouble stopping.  I ended up cleaning the bathroom and the spa room too.  Then I went outside and scrubbed all the water buckets for the dogs and the birds, which then lead to doing some more weeding.
I did find some job postings for a resort on Hamilton Island, so I applied for 3 different positions in the hopes that they'll at least consider me for one of them.  Not excited to be back on the job search wagon... Oh well, I guess that's all I've got to share for today.


"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." ---John F. Kennedy

REMEMBERING OUR FALLEN HEROES THEY ARE THE REASON WE ARE FREE

No comments:

Post a Comment