Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sunny Cairns

I finally got a sunny day!  So after finishing my shift in reception I had some lunch, grabbed my book and headed to the esplanade to have a read in the sun.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I was 96% finished with the book already.  I'd gotten a new book out of the library yesterday afternoon, but ended up reading the entire thing last night (it was rainy so I didn't have volleyball to fill up my evening).  The library was closed by the time I got off work today, so I couldn't get a new one.  After quickly finishing the book ("You Don't Sweat Much For A Fat Girl: Observations on Life From the Shallow End of the Pool" by Celia Rivenbark - aside from her penchant for throwing in some swear words, it's really quite a funny read), I decided to just sunbathe.  Lucky for me, shortly after finishing my book a band arrived and started playing.  They were very good and played nice, easy-going music.  There's to be a Bohemia BBQ tomorrow, but I don't think there are a lot of people going to it, granted, there aren't that many people actually staying here at the moment, but that should be a fun afternoon.  Well, I'll leave you with a photo of my usual view while blogging, and using the computer in general - aside from when I'm at the library.
Exciting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment