I spent the whole day yesterday (Monday) cleaning the house. She's very clean, so it wasn't hard. Wet dusting all the trip and baseboards. Cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen, including taking everything out of the cupboards and wiping them down. You work 4 hours for 1 night, so I worked all day to "pay" for Sunday night and last night.
I haven't had to cook yet, or watch the boys, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I worked for about 3 hours this morning doing some last minute cleaning because the open house is today. At about 11am she said she couldn't think of anything else for me to do, so I was free to go. The owners aren't allowed to be at the home during an open house in Australia. Anyway, she did say that I should start thinking of things so I could cook. Trying not to be a worry wart about that, but it's such an open-ended thing. Does she have a recipe and the ingredients or do I need to go find all that on my own? Do the boys need to like what I'm making? I can think of things to make, but I don't know if she has the stuff or a recipe for me to follow. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The last 2 meals she has made were fantastic! She's actually a very good cook.
So I caught the free city bus into town and am back at my lovely library to answer emails and apply to more jobs. Still not a peep about any of the other jobs I've applied for in the last week. I applied for 3 more this afternoon, so we'll see what happens. I'm still trying to decide if I want to stay with Leslie after the 14th (I think that's an option) or if I want to go back to the hostel. There are definite perks to both, and since the boys will be on school holiday from the 14th to the 29th I'm not sure if I want to be around for that or not :) Plus, I feel like I'm a bit tied up, in terms of jobs, since I'm not totally free to come and go as I please so I couldn't really start work until after the 14th. The hostel said the week of Easter is usually pretty busy, so I need to decide quickly if I want to book a room or risk not getting one there. I guess it's not totally a risk, I could probably stay with Leslie and I'm sure Mr. M and his wife would let me come early, but I don't want to go too early. More decisions....practice makes perfect, right?