Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Glimpse of Light

As some of you may have seen on Facebook, I did have a bit of a breakthrough yesterday.  I was able to apply for quite a few jobs (Crista found this travel shop with free unlimited wifi, which was great) and I even found an ad for “work for accommodation”.  While I wouldn't call it ideal, it will at least allow me to stick around Cairns for a bit longer.  Plus, since it’s working in reception at the hostel, I can put that on my resume and get a reference, so that should up my chances on the job market.  To be honest, I’d love to get a paid job in the next few days and be able to forgo the work for accommodation, just because I really like the hostel I’m currently at and don’t really want to leave.  But, I do have to admit that in the new hostel I will get a room to myself and there’s free breakfast and wifi included in the deal, so I can’t complain just yet.  So, for now that's answered my "should I stay or should I go" question, and I do apologize in advance if you now have that song stuck in your head.

I saw this quote and thought it was pretty cute and appropriate:  "God is such a gentleman, he's always opening doors for me."


No comments:

Post a Comment