Monday, March 24, 2014

Adelaide - Day 2

I’m reading through some Psalms and they’re bringing tears to my eyes.  It’s been a bit of an emotional day.  I put so much pressure on myself – find a job and an apartment today.  A bit unrealistic, but it was my goal lying in bed this morning anyway.  Psalm 111:5 says “He provides food for those who fear Him; He remembers His covenant forever.”  I want a job because I hate spending money (which most people already know), especially when I have none coming in, but God has a plan.  He cares and He knows how I’m feeling.  I don’t think I've ever been so consistently emotional in my entire life!  I catch myself tearing up so often…  Granted, I have a pretty lousy memory, so it’s possible I have been this emotional and I just don’t remember.

As I alluded to earlier, I had a rough start to the morning.  For some reason my computer now refuses to connect to the free internet in the hostel, so my plan to skype with my family wasn't working so well.  Thankfully, I have a cellphone, so we were able to end up talking for a bit anyway.  I was totally stressing about no internet – how could I check my email for replies to apartments from yesterday, and how would I find more jobs and apartments to apply for with no internet?!  Oh, the things we take for granted.  Anyway, my loving parents reminded me that I had visited the library the day before and libraries usually have free internet.  Sometimes I have trouble with problem solving .  It was great to talk with them and my little cricket (and not just because they solved my internet dilemma).  I got an update on my Grandma and the new puppy, found out about people at church who are praying for me (THANK YOU!).  It’s so nice to hear that people are supporting me in prayer, especially when I’m having a stressful morning.  I was ready to hop on a plane home this morning (if that had been an option), but I really think those prayers are helping.
I did end up at the library for the better part of the day, and apparently it’s not totally my computer’s fault because I was able to connect at the library.  I got some people called about apartments, sent in some resumes, finally got my online banking for my Australian account set up, I even got stamps to mail some birthday cards (sorry Aprille, I think yours will be late).  So it was a decently profitable day in the end.  I decided to extend my stay at the hostel to help take some of the apartment hunting pressure off myself, but I’m going to look at one tomorrow night anyway.  He said several others are interested, but we’ll see what happens.  My goal for tomorrow (well today, since I’m not going to have internet to post this until tomorrow) is Psalm 118:1 – “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good…” end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment