Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Self-Awarness

My sister is getting married, and over the course of the last few months, and especially these last few weeks, I've been noticing little things about myself.  Sadley, they're not things I'd really like to notice. It's just so easy to overlook your own faults many times!  I generally get along with everyone, so it's easy to let Satan lull me into thinking that I'm a pretty good person.  But I'm not...  All this wedding planning has made me realize how judgemental and selfish I can be - and it's not pretty.  So many times I catch myself thinking, "it's not about you, get a grip", when I'm annoyed with decisions made (or sometimes the lack of decision making).  It's easy to let all the focus on things pertaining to her and her upcoming "event" make me frustrated.  So, I've been trying to remember 2 Corinthians 10:5 "...we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."  It is far too simple to just let your thoughts run wild (and I'm definitely guilty of that).


judg·men·tal (adjective)

1. involving the use or exercise of judgment.
2. tending to make moral judgments.

No comments:

Post a Comment