Thursday, June 20, 2013

Creative Weekend

Lots of thoughts tumbling around in my brain; possible life changes ahead (and some changes that have already taken place)...  But I'll leave all that for another time.

Anyway, I got to do lots of crafty/creative things this past weekend so that was nice.  I love all the ideas that Pinterest gives me, and lately I've taken to redoing T-shirts like it's going out of style.  I'm not very big, so a lot of tshirts just don't fit right, even when I buy a small.  So, I've started making lots of tank tops and making other tshirts more fitted & feminine.  Thankfully, it's super easy (especially the tank tops), because, despite taking home-ec & sewing in 8th grade, I'm not much of a seamstress.  I won't give you a tutorial or anything (there are tons already on pinterest, and I don't really have any new information), but here are some of my favorites (sorry, no "before" pictures).

For some reason I have lots of shirts from Europe that have "funny" necklines.  They make me look like a linebacker and...well it's hard to explain, but despite loving the shirts I would rarely wear them.  Now, this fantastic shirt has a new life & it's soooo incredibly comfortable!!  Besides - who doesn't love Paris?



This great shirt was never my size to begin with - it's a long story, but I got soaked during a rainstorm in Rome and 2 of my friends bought me this new (dry) shirt to change in to (who says chivalry is dead?) after watching me shiver my way through a museum tour.  I never got rid of it, but of course never wore it again because it didn't fit.  You might not be able to tell, but I really should have taken in the shoulders somehow (and maybe I still will at some point).  I really didn't want to have to hem this shirt and I kind of liked the long "tunic" look - so I just decided not to sew the whole length of the sides.  You can sort of tell in the photo that it's split at the bottom....


This great shirt had a hole in the armpit and was a bit big/baggy, so it also got refashioned into a tanktop (the tank top redo's work great for shirts that have armpit stains too by the way).

Why yes, I am standing in front of a door :)



cre·a·tive (adjective)

1. having the quality or power of creating.
2. resulting from originality of thought, expression, etc.
3. originative; productive usually followed by of).

No comments:

Post a Comment