Sunday, February 16, 2014

A Charmed Life

It's so easy to forget how blessed I am.  I've been overseas to several "third world" nations, I've seen extremely poor people, and I know I'm blessed and have been given so much.  It's just a bit out of the ordinary that I was reminded of that today, right here at home after talking with a friend.  I grew up in a nice house, had loving parents, food on the table, was given a good education, and plenty of opportunities in life.  I've been places other people only dream of going to, and I certainly don't deserve it.  I've had a good job and made money so that I'm able to take myself off to Australia.  Sometimes it's just a little crazy when you think about all you have.  Not just in relation to homeless people who are starving in war-torn countries around the world, but sometimes just in relation to people you've known for years.  I'm not really even sure where I'm going with this, but I guess I'm just grateful.  Grateful for the charmed life I've lead.  For the opportunities I've been given, for the sacrifices others have made on my behalf.  For the love I've been shown, not just by family and friends but from a loving Savior, who not only gave me more material blessings than I deserve, but also gave me eternal life.


grat·i·tude (noun)

the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful: He expressed his gratitude to everyone on the staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment