Monday, May 13, 2013

A Smashing Success!

So my younger sister is getting married and I'm the maid of honor.  Which of course means I was in charge of planning her bridal shower.  I so wanted her to love it and I didn't want it to be chintzy or tacky.  With a lot of his side of the family coming I definitely wanted them to think it was tasteful.  So, with lots of DIY projects, and some help from pinterest, my cousins (the other bridesmaids) and I were able to pull off a lovely shower.  I'm hoping to put together some tutorials for a few of the crafts, but I figured I'd give you a glimpse of your finished product.

Guests were to write a "Date Night" idea for a Date Jar and also leave her a message for her scrapbook.

The star and lanterns were painted the same color to give the
illusion that they came as a set.


The picture frame was painted the same color as the lanterns
and the star to help coordinate everything.



I made the burlap covered H (it had her future last name painted on it).
 Maybe someday I'll get my tutuorial for making your own H finished...

My very talented cousin created the sign over the drinks table.


A coffee filter flower (tutorial found here) - everyone loved it!
Plus, it made a great background for pictures...



Tissue paper flowers and coordinating streamers -
hung from the ceiling in the center of the room


Centerpieces: burlap, kisses & mason jars

Engagement Ring favors
It was a lot of work and took a lot of planning, but everyone seemed to have enjoyed it and the future Mother and Sister-in-law said it was absolutely beautiful. 


show·er (noun)
a party given for a bestowal of presents of a specific kind, especially such a party for a prospective bride or prospective mother: a linen shower; a baby shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment