Friday, July 19, 2013

A Wonderful Time of Year - Vacation


Getting ready to leave for our yearly vacation (early tomorrow morning as a matter of fact), I've been thinking about how we always go to North Myrtle.  I'm sure there are lots of reasons why my uncle chooses North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - but I don't really know many of them.  Regardless, he always rents a place there, so that's where we go :)  We know our way around and it works for us...  This article is so great Ode to the Annual Repeat Summer Vacation and I thought I'd share it with you all.  Those who return to the same location, or even the exact same house every year will probably enjoy it immensely. 

Here are two of my favorite parts, probably because I can relate to them:


"Our routine is quite simple: Swim. Nap. Eat. Rinse. Repeat. The start of the week is customarily filled with discussions of all the activities we might finally get to this year...____...but really, who are we kidding? We’re not going to do any of it."

"I’ve also learned the difference between traveling and vacationing, two words that are often used interchangeably but mean different things. A vacation typically involves travel, but travel is not always a vacation. Sometimes it’s quite the opposite—fraught with uncertainty over where to go, where to stay, what to see. Vacations are a respite from all that." 

our semi-annual, vacation photo-shoot


 
Beach (noun)

1.  an expanse of sand or pebbles along a shore.
2.  the part of the shore of an ocean, sea, large river, lake, etc., washed by the tide or waves.
3. the area adjacent to a seashore

No comments:

Post a Comment