Monday, April 8, 2013

Living life on purpose...

I'm not a big fan of making decisions.  I'm not even talking about big, life-altering decisions (although I'm definitely not a fan of those either) - just little decisions can cause me anxiety.  I'm starting to think I have commitment issues. 
        Anyway, sometimes I prefer to just not make the decision (especially in regards to small decisions).  I just let the deadline run out or hope someone else will somehow decide for me. And then I realize, not deciding is often a decision.  Ridiculous, but true.  You have a chance at a new job, but you can't decide if you want to take it or not.  Well, if you wait to long to decide the application deadline will have expired and voila!  Decision made for you. Maybe I'm afraid I won't like the decision I've made and there will be no one to blame but myself.  And then sometimes I'm just afraid that after I decide, something better will come along, but I've already made a commitment.  But living life like that could probably lead to some regrets - and who wants that? 
       So I'm going to start trying to live my life on purpose.  Not letting life and circumstances decide things for me all the time.  Take some time to sort out my options, list the pros and cons, ask advice if necessary and then DECIDE.  Be brave - make some mistakes along the way, but do stuff on purpose.  It's far to easy to let life carry you along, ignorant of your destination....

You can't leave footprints in the sands of time if you're sitting on your butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?  --Anonymous

 


de·ci·sion (noun):
 
1. the act or process of deciding; determination, as of a question or doubt, by making a judgment
2. the act of or need for making up one's mind

No comments:

Post a Comment